Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes 2012 Film Winners

One of the most anticipating award events took place yesterday in Los Angeles. I haven't chance to watch it on-line (don't worry Oscars I won't miss!), but I'm going to do it today. Many actors, actresses, directors, composers were at the 69 Annual Golden Globe Awards and gave some interesting interviews on the red carpet, which I'm very excited to see.

Ricky Gervais was the host. His opening speech was something hilarious (watch it below). He said that the Golden Globes are just like the Oscars, but without all that esteem.



As you know, I made my predictions, and I was very lucky to guess many of the winners, except for Best Actress (Drama), Best Supporting Actor, Best Animated Feature, Best Foreign Film and Best Original Song. It's 9 out 14, so I think it is a good result.

My favourite acceptance speech was said by Michelle Williams, who told us that she considers herself the mother first and the actress second and thanked her daughter. So touching. The most emotional winner was Meryl Streep. I adore this woman.

You can also read some interesting quotes of the night on The Guardian website. And some interesting videos from the big event you can find here.

The Winners (only in film categories):

Best Picture (Drama)
"The Descendants"


Best Picture (Comedy or Musical)
"The Artist"


Best Director
Martin Scorsese ("Hugo")


Best Actor (Drama)
George Clooney ("The Descendants")


Best Actress (Drama)
Meryl Streep ("The Iron Lady")


Best Actor (Comedy or Musical)
Jean Dujardin ("The Artist")


Best Actress (Comedy or Musical)
Michelle Williams ("My Week With Marilyn")


Best Supporting Actor
Christopher Plummer ("Beginners")

Best Supporting Actress
Octavia Spencer ("The Help")

Best Screenplay
Woody Allen ("Midnight in Paris")

Best Animated Feature
"The Adventures of Tintin"


Best Foreign Film
"A Separation" by Asghar Farhadi

Best Original Song
"Masterpiece" ("W.E.")

Best Score
Ludovic Bource ("The Artist")

If you are interested in TV shows, which got awards, you can view the whole list here.

Pictures - Daily Mail, HFPA, The Guardian, MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment